Thursday, May 16, 2013

holy crap i love this kid



I just had to post today about how special/amazing/super cool Kai is. We are having a great day, lots of smiles and laughs and fun play time with friends. Just a great ordinary day. It's days like these I am so grateful to be his mom. He is such an awesome little kid. Saying funny things, explaining what's going on and telling you what he will be doing or what he would like for you to do. Sometimes followed by a please - more often requested in an urgent and somewhat bossy tone. Or I will hand him something he has asked for and he will say "thanks mom" - just like that! no "what do you say?" prompt from me - those are the moments where I realize what i am doing is working - it's sinking in. I just love him so much I think my heart might burst some days.

The picture above is from a few days back when we went on a very long adventure walk along the train tracks. Good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment