Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Kai's first day of school!

There have been some changes around here lately, one of which was deciding Kai is ready to start school. When I was a kid my mom took me to a coop preschool and I always loved the idea of finding a place where I could go with my child and be a part of his transition into the world of learning and socialization, just like my mom did for me. Come to find out we have a coop preschool right here in town that has been around for over 37 years! I was excited to check it out and see what Kai thought. We won't officially be starting the program until the beginning of the year, but we had an opportunity to drop in today for a visit.

I'll let Kai tell you what he thought:



Mark rearranged his schedule so he could be there with us for Kai's first day of school - EVER!
Here they are getting ready to head in - Kai was slightly distracted by a big garbage truck that drove by just as I was snapping the picture :)

And here's Kai trying out the indoor wood bike he mentioned on the video. Check out the sweet castle/fort!

It was a fun expereince and I can see how being around a group of other kids and parents will be good for both of us. I'm excited about this next phase and look forward to seeing how Kai blossoms into it.