Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Love Heals

Today I was listening to some music with Kai and the cheesy, although poignant song by Savage Garden came on called I Knew I Loved You. Ever since we were matched with Kai's birth parents this song has brought tears to my eyes every time I hear it.

Some of the lyrics:
"I knew I loved you before I met you, I think I dreamed you into life. I knew I loved you before I met you, I have been waiting all my life. There's just no rhyme or reason, only this sense of completion. And in your eyes I see the missing pieces I'm searching for, I think I found my way home. I know that it might sound more than a little crazy but I believe."

Before Kai came into our lives Mark and I tried for many heartbreaking years to become pregnant. When we decided to pursue the path of adoption, it was as if I could feel my heart opening to hope again like it hadn't in a very long time. I knew this was our path to becoming parents and I knew the little spirit I had been feeling near me for so long would find it's way to us. I believe Kai is that little spirit and he has brought his special energy into our family, brought us together with his birth family and mended those broken places in my heart I thought would be wounded forever. My heart swells every time I look a him and I am so thankful I get to be his mom. I knew becoming a mother would change things for me but what I didn't expect is it has filled those empty places that I thought would always hold sadness and has given me a sense of purpose I didn't know was possible. As corny as it sounds in a lot of ways I feel complete. It's as if this is what I was always waiting for. I love you Kai, thanks for finding us, we are so happy you are here.

snuggly, sleepy babies are the best

No comments:

Post a Comment