Tuesday, August 9, 2011

3rd tooth!

Kai got his third tooth today. It's his top left one. He's been working on it for awhile so this is definitely worth celebrating. I think #4 (the top right) is following right behind. #1 & #2 (bottom middles) came in together too, so maybe that's how he rolls, two teeth per time.

These top teeth have definitely been bothering him and have been a little harder to come through then the bottom ones so I'm hoping he'll have a little relief now that this one has finally popped out. Poor little buddy has been working really hard to get this tooth out. Good job Kai!

Here we are celebrating

and here's one where you can see the teeth. The one on the right hasn't broken through yet but I bet it does in the next day or so. It's funny how they look like little blisters right before they bust out. It'll be fun when they grow in a little more and he has four little teeth when he smiles :) He's already a cutie, but that's going to be off the charts cute. 

Oh and another little note worthy milestone is Kai is now going from crawling to sitting up and he is able to "walk" around furniture after pulling himself up to stand. It's crazy how quickly he learns. It's so fun to watch him figure things out. I'll try to get both of these new moves on video soon :)

I also wanted to take a moment and remember my brother who 31 years ago, when I was 6, left this world at 10 years old. I still miss him, and often think about what life would be like if he were still here.  Especially now having Kai in my life, I have even more compassion and respect for the strength and courage my parents have. What a horrible tragedy to lose a child. We were lucky to have had him in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment