Friday, February 11, 2011

Thankful for all of it - even Mr. Cranky Pants

This week has been a bit of a rough one. Kai was overtired from refusing to nap during the day, from what I've read babies at this age are starting to be much more aware of their surroundings, so I think he was also just over stimulated in general which made it hard for him to sleep and to top it off, he was constipated - poor little guy. Thankfully he's still sleeping at night - whew! But we had some trials this week with crying and tummy pains, no fun. Thankfully today was a much better day. Less crying, more napping and thanks to the doctor's recommendation of prune juice and water, there is no longer a back up - yay!

We did manage to enjoy some fun times between the visits from Mr. Cranky Pants.
Here's a couple pics of us enjoying the beautiful weather on the front porch.


Funny thing is it is actually kind of hard to get a picture of Kai smiling because the minute you put the camera in front of his face he gets all serious and mesmerized...it's pretty funny.


Our cozy feet

I heard a very sad story today about a man who died suddenly leaving behind his 10 year old daughter and wife and I couldn't help but think of them as I was putting Kai to bed tonight. After a long and sometimes difficult week that story reminded me it's a privilege to be here for all of it and I am very grateful, even for Mr. Cranky Pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment