Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful

Kai is two weeks old today and everyday I feel more and more grateful. Most of all I'm grateful to his amazing birth parents for making the brave choice to place him with us. There is no greater gift and I am looking forward to sharing Kai's story with him as he gets older. What a lucky little guy to have so many people in his life that love him so much.

I am also grateful for Mark being able to take some time off and stay home with us. He is off work until after Thanksgiving and these few weeks together have been wonderful. He's a natural dad and it is such a joy to see him and Kai together. After these past two weeks I really don't know how some people do it alone. I have so much respect for single parents and everything they have to sacrifice in order to make a life for themselves and their children. It's a tough job, although also filled with many wonderful moments, it can be trying at times and doing it alone would be more difficult than I can imagine. I have waited a long time to become a mom and even though their are sleepless nights and poopy diapers (lots of them!) and the occasional spit up, I am truly enjoying every moment. I feel like this little guy was sent here like an angel to open my heart even more to the wonders of life and show me that love truly has no limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment