I'm feeling really bad about not posting much here lately. Life has been a bit crazy these past few months. There has been lots of fun, but unfortunately also lots of sadness. My plan is to get back in the habit of posting here - I'm going to aim for once a week - but for now here is an update on some of the things that have been happening.
In August I started graduate school which has been awesome AND a big adjustment for the whole family. I have been home full-time since Kai was born, even though I have my graphic design business, I have always been available for all the ins and outs of the everyday operations around here. With me starting school we have all had to adjust to me being available less. Mark is stepping in spending even more time with the kids and both boys are spending more time with friends. Cruz started preschool and is doing great. He loves his teachers and his school. We are very thankful to have him in such a wonderful place where he is loved and nurtured on the days he is with them. Kai has been really flexible about getting picked up from school by other people or hitching a ride with friends on the morning when my classes start early. I am really proud of all my boys and how they have handled this transition into a new normal.
In September we had two very sad losses when my dear friend Karen died suddenly and then Kai's birth-grandma passed away after a two year battle with brain cancer. We were thankful to have the chance to visit with his grandma before her passing and then also to go to the lovely memorial her family planned in her honor. Needless to say September was a rough month.
In early October, we had an awesome trip to Disneyland and had a super fun time with the boys, enjoying the rides and spending time together. Kai was on fall break from school so he stayed down south with Mark's parents and enjoyed lots of time swimming in their pool, playing legos and having fun. While we were away in Disneyland, HUGE fires broke out in the area where we live and we returned to devastating loss for so many around us. We were fortunate that our home/town was not hit by the fires, although there were a few days when we were on high alert if the need arose to evacuate. Over 20,000 people evacuated to our town and it was inspiring to see everyone come together and offer such support to those who needed it. It was a scary week and the devastation is going to take a very long time to recover from.
So that's the latest in a nut shell. As I mentioned I am going to start posting more regularly, even if it's just a few photos and a quick blurb, just to keep up with the latest activity around here. We hope all of you (if you are still out there checking this blog) are doing well. As always we are sending out the love and hoping everyone is doing great.
No comments:
Post a Comment